Visa Requirements

visa requirements

Visa Requirements

Unless you are an F visa holder, you would usually get an E-2 visa to teach English in Korea.

Below are the requirements for E-2(teaching) visa

  1. Citizenship of one of the following countries: USA, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa
  2. Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university that is notarized and apostilled.
  3. National background check without any charges (misdemeanors or felonies) apostilled.
  4. Good physical and mental health (that can be proved so by a doctor)
  5. Age between 20 to 50

What do I need?

Teachers need the following documents to start their visa process:

  1. Signed contract – your school will prepare.
  2. passport copy (the 2 information pages)
  3. 4 passport sized colored photos (35mm x 45mm)
  4. Diploma apostilled – Make a photocopy of your bachelor’s degree and get it apostilled.
    *Canadian citizens get it notarized by Korean Consulate closest to their Canadian residence.
    ** South African teachers must apostille their original BA degrees or apostille a copy of their original degrees and also send their originals to Korea as well (Will be sent back upon request from immigration office.)
  5. Original criminal background check apostilled.
    *Canadian citizens get it notarized by Korean consulate closest to their Canadian residence.
  6. Visa Confirmation Application (File called visa form)
  7. E-2 health statement

You are not alone

Don’t worry about the visa application process.
Once you secure your job, your school will help you through the whole process.
Don’t forget to get your documents ready in advance. The process of getting your documents ready takes as long as one month, which might delay your schedule.